The Community Support Centre of Essex County has been able to continue to provide services throughout the pandemic. Our services include Meals on Wheels, Food Security, Transportation and Security Reassurance. We have also launched a Virtual Community Centre!
Our office hours continue to be Monday to Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm and the Admin Team continues to be on hand to answer your questions. We would encourage you to reach us by telephone at 519-728-1435 should you have any questions about our program and service availability during various stages of provincial reopening.
What safety measures are we taking?
We will be following the recommended guidelines to keep our employees and visitors safe.
In addition, we are taking the following precautions with our employees:
– Workers are required to complete a health questionnaire before entry to the building.
– Workers are required to maintain physical distancing guidelines. When that is not possible, they are require to wear a face mask.
– Workers will sanitize and disinfect shared surfaces frequently.
In addition to completing a health questionnaire upon entering the building, visitors will be required to wear masks and sanitize their hands. Most importantly — stay at home if you are feeling sick.
To ensure employees and visitors maintain physical distancing guidelines, we will limit the number of visitors in the building at one time. We also ask everyone to adhere to the following:
– Foot Care clients will be asked to remain in their vehicles until they are advised that they can enter the building.
– Meals on Wheels delivery drivers should continue the physical distancing practice of remaining in their vehicle until their route coolers are placed outside for them to pickup. When returning the coolers, please continue to place them outside the door.
– Food Pantry clients will continue booking appointments. This means that clients will be welcomed back into the Food Pantry to shop for their items. We do ask that they wait in their vehicle until their appointment time and then check in at Reception.
In an effort to reduce the number of visitors in our building, we will no longer be providing the following services:
– Photocopying/Scanning of any kind
– Public use of computers
If you would like to pay your bill, we ask that you continue to do so by mailing a cheque to the CSC. We can also email you an electronic payment method if you would like.
We continue to monitor the situation. The most important thing is to make sure we keep our staff and clients safe & healthy while conducting business in a safe environment.
If you have specific questions not addressed here or on our website, reach out to us.
We look forward to seeing you!
CSC Management and Staff